Do you live on the Locker Estate and have an adorable furry friend?
If so, we want to hear from you. Dogs, cats, guinea pigs, lizards … We want to run a feature for our website about all the various creatures who live on Locker. No matter how big or small!
If you’d like to take part, send an email to LocknerTRA@gmail.com with ‘pets’ in the subject line. We’ll get in touch to arrange an appointment with Tom, our pet photographer and interviewer.
We’ll put these together for a feature on our site. So if you’ve got a pet, why not take part? And if you don’t, stay tuned to find out more about your four-legged neighbours.
Date for your diary – Wednesday 25th April will be our rescheduled AGM. It will be held at 7pm in the community flat, 23 Blandford court.
The AGM is the most important meeting of the year. We need to get a quorum (minimum number of people attending) to be a registered association.
If you appreciate things like the Big Lunch, the Christmas Panto and having a voice with the council over housing matters – please come along.
Please support us so we can carry on supporting life on Lockner for us all.
A huge THANK YOU to Hackney Council and their teams for being so quick to clear snow on Lockner this morning, amazing job!
Next residents meeting Wednesday 13th December, Community Flat 23 Blandford Court, 7-8pm
- Cleaning update
- Talk from Development Director from Inhabit Homes (helping communities build self-build homes) inhabithomes.co.uk
Come along to express any concerns, share any ideas and meet your neighbours
Neighbours gathered tonight on Lockner. Pat’s soup, Sammy’s hot dogs, Jenny’s pizza, Serena’s jerk, Lisa’s prosecco and Mark the master of fireworks… 30+ children and parents/carers out under the full moon enjoying fireworks and food together.
Tickets will go on sale for £4 each on Friday 30 November from the Community Flat, 23 Blandford Court at 7pm.
First come first served; arrive early to avoid disappointment.
Tickets are limited to 4 per household (and please don’t ask for 4 tickets if there aren’t 4 people in your household – they are strictly for residents only and are a treat, not an entitlement)
It’s that time of year again! Amazingly we managed to get NINETY tickets this year (a record!), because Hackney council have increased our grant and we have been saving money from renting the community flat out.
We’ll be heading to the Hackney Empire on Wednesday 20th December at 7pm. Details on how and when to get tickets to follow on website/social media/notice boards once it’s been arranged.
And remember… if you’ve been involved in organising an event for Lockner Residents Association, you get priority tickets – a great motive to get involved!
As requested and agreed at the last meet with John Wheatley (cleaning manager) a follow up meeting has been arranged on Tuesday 28th November 2017 09.30am at the communinity flat, 23 Blandford court.
Please could you tell neighbours and save the date.
The new cleaning schedule will go up in the notice boards shortly (Hackney council already have some up in the notice boards, but we will make some more user friendly ones). The meeting will be for us to feed back our views – is the new schedule working?
Todays meeting was rather heated, but we have some positive actions to take forward. Please keep a look out here on the website, the facebook page, notice boards and emails for updates and details of the next meeting that will be scheduled for a months time.
Unfortunately a register was not passed around.
Three members of the Hackney Council cleaning team including John Wheatley (manager).
Housing manager Emmanuel Malm.
Lisa Linpower, Chair
Nikki Parrott, Vice chair
An additional 11 residents
- Email TRA the current cleaning schedule for the TRA to print in large posters on notice boards, add to the website and email to resident mailing list (JW)
- Send quarterly cleaning quality assurance reports to Lockner TRA for us to distribute to residents so residents can subjectively and objectively assess new cleaning schedule (JW)
- Raise concerns over illegally parked car blocking 2 disabled bays for a long period of time with Shamus Adams at Hackney Council (JW)
- Escalate concerns over rats on the estate following recent drainage issues on Dorchester Court (JW)
- Arrange a review meeting between cleaning department and residents 1 month following this initial meeting (JW, LL)
- Antisocial behaviour on stairwells is a large concern with feces/urine and drug paraphernalia, residents do not feel this is being addressed as frequenty under the new scheme
- Residents are angry and upset that our full time cleaner has been replaced with a new service without any consultation. It was aknowledged that our previous cleaners have provided what was effectively a caretaking role in addition to cleaning and it is something we all appreciated and miss. JW explained that he is standardising services throughout the borough and thoroughly explained steps his team have taken and how services are being delivered.