June 2018 TRA Meeting Minutes

TRA meeting – June 2018

 

Attendees

Lisa Linpower (Chair)

Francine Bennett (Secretary)

Maria Savito (Treasurer)

Emmanuel Malm (Hackney Homes)

Tom Oakley (Swanage Court)

Natalie Moss (Portland Court)

Abi Bobyi (Blandford Court)

 

Actions

  • Chase communal repair team again, and investigate other solutions, re bin doors on Blandford and between Dorset/Stratton (EM)

  • Chase Sean re meeting about funding application (EM)

  • Chase mirror on stairs which was supposed to be installed after the last walkabout (EM)

  • Check whether pram shed doors coming loose from brickwork is users’ or council’s responsibility (EM)

  • Contact Katie Cross re community cooking event (FB)

  • Put Big Lunch on the agenda for March meeting (FB)

  • Draft a survey/update/advert for community events (NM)

 

  1. Update on actions from last meeting

Actions from last meeting and updates were:

  • Abi to provide Maria with community kitchen contact details/quote – discussed in item 3

  • MG and LL to meet with Sean from LB Hackney, for funding application before 30 September – Sean has not been reachable. EM to chase.

  • EM to contact communal repairs team re Blandford court bin doors – he’s contacted them but no action seen, EM to chase again

 

  1. Report on panto

The panto went well. We spent £1482 on tickets, and all tickets sold out again. LL said thanks to Sammy for stepping in to distribute the tickets and help get it all organised. Next year we might buy some more tickets, we still had more demand than we had tickets to give out.

 

  1. Ideas for next social event

We have quite a lot of money available in the account – there’s currently £7000 in the account, and we’d like to do some kind of extra community event with it, maybe plus some council funding.

Favourite during discussion would be some kind of community kitchen event – we’ve submitted a quote to the council for that. In Whitmore Hall there is a community kitchen available for use, we could run a session in February half term to include families. We’re not sure how to structure or facilitate it. FB to contact Katie Cross (ex resident who’s now a professional cook) to see if she can help or recommend contacts. NM to draft a survey to distribute on paper to all residents to advertise the event if we can, and also to find out what other kinds of things would be popular and to advertise the big lunch.

 

  1. Any other business

There was a mattress set on fire this week outside Blandford Court. Not clear how it happened, but thanks to the Hackney cleaning team for clearing up the superficial mess very quickly.

Cordelia Harwood couldn’t make it today but is looking into lease extensions for leaseholders, if others want to do the same then please contact FB and you can share research.

Bin chamber doors on Blandford and between Dorset and Stratton are still a nuisance – low on hinges, frequently left open and making a mess. EM to investigate whether signage or mechanical solutions might help.

EM is still doing Pram Shed reviews. He has a few still to follow up as 5 are unclaimed, but anyone who’s already sent him a message should be fine.

MG mentioned that one of the sheds on Dorset Court has a metal gate coming away from the brick wall – EM to check whether this is the user’s or the council’s job to rectify.

TO mentioned Big Lunch preparations – we agreed to put this on the agenda for the March AGM.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s