Minutes, meeting March 2017

LOCKNER ESTATE – TRA MEETING

22nd March 2017

 

Present:

Emmanuel Malm (Hackney Homes)

Lisa Linpower (Chair), Dorchester Court

Francine Bennett (Secretary), Dorset Court

Raymond Subratie, Dorset Court

Shakira Subratie, resident

Linda Edwards, Dorchester Court (posters)

Jake Snell, Dorset Court

 

Apologies:

Jon Hoskins, vice Chair

Joe Cranston Turner, Treasurer

 

Action items

  • Investigate loose TV wiring on back of Dorchester Court (EM) – already followed up and job ticket assigned
  • Feed back to TRA on planting options and associated costs, to replace shrubs by red playground (EM)
  • Notify Wayne Hibberd that grass clippings are not being cleared properly after mowing (EM) – these are deliberately left to decompose by Hackney Homes
  • Query who owns billboard on end of garages, and whether HH or TRA could rent it out (EM)
  • Clarify the correct process for paying bills on community flat inc water and business rates, with Rachel Joseph (EM)
  • Proposal for new benches in green playground to next meeting (EM)
  • Clarify how the TRA can request playground improvements with Tony Stenning (EM) – There isn’t any provision of funding for this at present. The Planned Communal Repairs Budget otherwise known as the 184 is one area in which some funds could be earmarked however, more information about the size of this budget will be known in the first quarter of the new financial year.
  • Put up posters for all 2017 TRA meetings (LE)

 

Notes

  1. Playgrounds

Grounds Maintenance (via EM) have highlighted that there are shrubs growing into the red playground. They would like to know whether residents would prefer these shrubs to be removed, to avoid risk of children getting scratched, and possibly having the area replanted with something else. EM to get options from Grounds Maintenance to discuss at next meeting.

HH have identified that the blue benches on the green playground are splintered and need to be removed. EM to get a price and style proposal for replacing them with more appropriate new benches, to bring to next meeting.

 

  1. Panto tickets

The Subratie family and LE joined the meeting to raise questions and frustrations about the allocation of panto tickets. The TRA pays for panto tickets each year, with tickets being reserved first for people who have helped with community events in the year and then being first come first served on a particular day. In recent years the rule has been a maximum of four tickets or the number of people living in a household, whichever is lower, and last year there were 26 tickets total of which 8 were reserved for ‘helpers’ and 18 given out first come first served, including to those attending the meeting. There was a discussion but no conclusion about whether a ballot or a lower limit (e.g. 2 per flat) might be a fairer way to allocate tickets to a wider range of people. LE also raised questions about how TRA meetings were advertised (she considered that they were not advertised well enough) and criticised the lack of posters for the latest meetings; she agreed that she would put up posters for the 2017 meetings, which would also help her know that she could have panto tickets as that would put her on the ‘helpers’ list.

 

  1. Procedure on bills for flat

Bills including water and business rates for the community flat have started to be sent directly to the flat, and it’s unclear what the correct procedure is to pay them. EM to check with Rachel Joseph.

 

  1. Rental for garage billboard

LL pointed out that fly posters are using the large billboard on the garages to advertise unofficially, and asked EM to check who owns that billboard and whether HH or the TRA could rent it out for advertising, to generate revenue for the estate.

 

  1. Englefield Road gate

EM explained the current situation with the gates on either end of the car park. The gate to St Peter’s Way has been temporarily opened and Englefield Road has been closed, to allow cars out of the car park while works on Englefield Road are ongoing. Views from residents on whether to keep the new arrangement are mixed – it’s much easier to pull out of that end of the car park, as St Peter’s Way is quieter, but some residents at that end are unenthusiastic about the extra traffic. Agreed to review the situation at next TRA meeting.

 

AOB

Sections of the TV wiring trunking seem to be dropping off the back of Dorchester court – EM to investigate

Grass clippings are being left on the ground after grass areas have been mowed by Grounds Maintenance – EM to highlight to Wayne Hibberd

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s